The primary reason why people buy jigsaws is that they have to take care of a lot of woodwork. However, they also explore different options so that their jigsaw can be used for cutting multiple materials including plastic and steel. So most of our lists tend to cover the complete criteria. But today, we are only going to take over the matter of the Best Woodworking Jigsaw.
As mentioned already, in this article, we are going to do a countdown of our Top 10 Best Woodworking Jigsaws 2019. The criteria for ranking these jigsaws will mostly be the same and even when we are ranking the jigsaws good for woodwork, you might find some which we can be used for multitasking as well. However, that would still be a rare case, especially for this list.
For woodworking, any jigsaw motor which is capable of delivering about 2,500 to 3,000 strokes per minute is more than enough. Also, even a couple of bevel cutting angles are enough and of course, a dust blower should be incorporated in the best jigsaw to get rid of tons of debris.
We shall move towards our 10 Best Woodworking Jigsaw in 2019 reviews and see what we’ve got.
Best Woodworking Jigsaw 2019 Reviews & Comparison:
1. Bosch JS470E Corded Top-Handle Jigsaw:
Being the best brand out there, Bosch’s sole focus on the quality they produce for woodworking is enormous. So for the first pick, we have chosen this Bosch JS470E Corded Top-Handle Jigsaw which is a complete package for woodcutting to various other jigsaw jobs. This jigsaw features a high-powered 7.0-amp motor which can produce more than 3,000 which is usually the max requirement.
Not only this jigsaw is powerful, but it is also quite convenient and easy to use for both beginners and professionals. You aren’t going to need a tool if you want to change the blades, there is 4-orbital action, 4 bevel cutting options, and of course, the dust blower to get rid of the debris for a clearer view of the cutline.
Bosch JS470E Main Features:
Bosch JS470E - Pros & Cons
- The amazing speed control system.
- Many orbital settings and bevel cutting angles.
- Some great T-shank blades grip on the wood.
- It can cut various materials.
- The price is definitely high.
- No U-shank support.
- High power consumption.
2. DEWALT DCS331B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion Jigsaw:
While we gave you an option of a corded jigsaw at first, let us make things portable with this DEWALT DCS331B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion Jigsaw which is our 2nd pick for the list. Though it is a nightmare that the manufacturers don’t provide the battery and charger alongside the machine, it costs you higher but sometimes, the quality work demands that.
As far as other features of this jigsaw are concerned, it has got a tool-free clamp for the easy removal and replacement of blades, 4-position orbital action for cutting various materials, and the metal keyless bevel shoe. Being cordless and lightweight, this machine has amazing portability.
DEWALT DCS331B Main Features:
DEWALT DCS331B - Pros & Cons
- A lightweight and portable jigsaw.
- Being wireless, you can move it around with ease.
- It has also got a pretty durable design.
- Making curves is difficult since it stays straight.
- There is no dust blower for removing debris.
- No LED lights installed either.
3. PORTER-CABLE PCE345 6-Amp Orbital Jigsaw:
For people who need a multitasking jigsaw and need to cut various materials including wood, plastic, PVC, and steel, we recommend getting this PORTER-CABLE PCE345 6-Amp Orbital Jigsaw which is our 3rd pick for the list. This corded jigsaw for woodworking is quite powerful since it is able to deliver a cutting speed of up to 3,200 which only a corded machine can deliver.
While it delivers such high power and premium features, this PORTER-CABLE PCE345 6-Amp Orbital Jigsaw is the best woodworking jigsaw under 100 which is quite surprising. Well, that might not be as durable as Bosch jigsaws, however, it gets the job done.
PORTER-CABLE PCE345 Main Features:
PORTER-CABLE PCE345 - Pros & Cons
- A high-powered corded jigsaw under 100.
- It has the ability to cut multiple materials.
- The 7-position speed dial for enhanced work.
- The overall durability isn’t reliable.
4. BLACK + DECKER BDEJS300C Jigsaw:
This Black and Decker Jigsaw has proved that if the motor is efficient enough, it can deliver high speeds up to 3,000 SPM even when it has low amps. Yes, our 4th pick for the list BLACK + DECKER BDEJS300C Jigsaw only has a 4.5-amp motor but it is able to deliver speeds as high as 3,000 on the optimal settings making this an ideal and affordable item.
Also, what we like is the Wire Guard sightline channel which allows you to have a better view of the cutline while working. What makes it even better is the dust blower which keeps blowing the debris for a non-stop and professional woodworking jigsaw experience. The tilting of the base plate allows you to control your bevel angles better.
BLACK + DECKER BDEJS300C Main Features:
BLACK + DECKER BDEJS300C - Pros & Cons
- Some great bevel cutting work ability.
- A powerful dust blower to clean the cutline.
- The Wire Guard also helps with the sightline.
- The loud sound is quite annoying.
5. SKIL 4230-01 3.2 Amp Single Speed Jigsaw:
When it comes to the economical woodworking jigsaws, one of SKIL’s products had to make it and for the 5th pick, it is SKIL 4230-01 3.2 Amp Single Speed Jigsaw. Even though it has only got about 3.2-amp motor power, it is able to make the straight and curved cuts depending on how you want to work with it.
Also, the onboard tool storage makes is quite portable which is also true to the lighter weight of the machine. For proper bevel cutting, you can tilt the footplate to about 45 degrees which is mostly the maximum requirement. You can different types of materials and make both straight and curved cuts as you want.
SKIL 4230-01 Main Features:
SKIL 4230-01 - Pros & Cons
- There in onboard storage for blades.
- The cord length is quite long.
- The tilting of footplate is ideal.
- It isn’t quite reliable.
- The slippery grip after some time.
6. SKIL 4495-02 6.0 Amp Orbital Action Laser Jigsaw:
Well, you can get yourself a better product in the same budget but only if you are professional with this SKIL 4495-02 6.0 Amp Orbital Action Laser Jigsaw. It is our 6th pick for the list with a powerful 6-amp motor, the built-in laser guide technology for making straight and smooth cuts and better visibility of the cutline.
This SKIL 4495-02 6.0 Amp Orbital Action Laser Jigsaw can be molded with custom work to avoid the blade damage which is quite often with these tools. However, in this price, you cannot expect to buy a very durable product which should last for years and you only get a year of warranty with this tool.
SKIL 4495-02 Main Features:
SKIL 4495-02 - Pros & Cons
- There is laser guide technology installed.
- The customization of the blade is allowed.
- The speed can be adjusted.
- The motor is quite powerful.
- Not a very durable machine.
- Not quite ergonomic grip.
7. Bosch JS470EB Corded Jigsaw:
When you have got the budget in your pocket, you should never compromise on the quality of the woodworking jigsaw you are getting. For the 7th pick, we are bringing this Bosch JS470EB Corded Jigsaw which is quite convenient due to the tool-free blade change system.
The amazing circuit response for consistent woodworking experience, and the amazing T-shank clamping system. Also, with motor power up to 7.0-amp, you can get speeds as high as 3,100 SPM.
Bosch JS470EB Main Features:
Bosch JS470EB - Pros & Cons
- Easy blade insertion and removal.
- A comfort to work on any project.
- Known for smooth and accurate operation.
- Not a good grip for small hands.
- The difficult borderline control.
8. Makita 4351FCT Barrel Grip Jigsaw:
The huge demand of this jigsaw can be ascribed to with the amazing LED lighting illuminating the cutline, tool-free blade change system, and variable speed options so get it right now before it runs out of stock once again.
Makita 4351FCT Main Features:
Makita 4351FCT - Pros & Cons
- One of the best alternatives.
- Great power cutting tool for woodwork.
- It can easily cut other materials as well.
- The LED light line enhances the cutline visibility.
- A very high asking price.
- The barrel grip isn’t quite smooth.
9. Bosch JS260 120-Volt Top-Handle Jigsaw:
This is a price which most of you guys can afford and when the top Bosch product isn’t available, you can get yourself a nice alternative. We shall now move ahead and discuss the premium features it has:
Bosch JS260 Main Features:
Bosch JS260 - Pros & Cons
- A 100% clear cutline with its dust blower.
- A very quick blade change system.
- The heavy gauge footplate for bevel work.
- The heat dissipation system already present.
- Not quite durable and portable.
- Not reliable against harder materials.
10. TACKLIFE Advanced 6.7 Amp 3000 SPM Jigsaw:
For this list, however, it only deserved the last spot but it deserved one at least. The success of this jigsaw can be ascribed to its powerful motor, durable design, and a cheaper price which most people can afford.
TACKLIFE Advanced Main Features:
TACKLIFE Advanced - Pros & Cons
- You get some free blades and other accessories.
- The price range is quite affordable.
- One of the best woodworking jigsaw alternatives.
- The angle lock on the speed switch.
- Elegant but not a durable design.
- The design makes it heavier.
- The grip isn’t impressive either.
As I said, there would be many jigsaws allowing you to do multitasking, however, if you are only concerned with woodworking, get the best ones on this list from the top but make sure that you are satisfied by the reviews. So choose from our list of 10 Best Woodworking Jigsaws 2019 and have a great time while working with your new jigsaw.