The better you can grip a jigsaw, the better would be the finished product. However, that also depends on the grip of the machine itself because no matter how good you get at it, the jigsaw must assist you. In this article, we are counting down our picks for Top 10 Best Barrel Grip Jigsaw 2019. The products are ranked based on their performance, features, and quality.
Before you choose a product, you must keep some important factors in your mind. Well, even though you did come here for jigsaws with barrel grips, you must have a look at other important factors including the durability, power of the motor, and cutting angle options which are available.
These are important factors which must be kept in buying while choosing your best barrel grip jigsaw and let us proceed with the top 10 rankings now.
Best Barrel Grip Jigsaw 2019 Reviews & Comparison:
Let’s have a look at Best Barrel Grip Jigsaw in 2019.
1. Bosch JS470EB : Best Barrel Grip Jigsaw
Precision in the job comes when you buy our first pick called Bosch JS470EB 7.0 Amp Barrel-Grip Jig Saw. As it is quite clear from its title, the jigsaw has a barrel grip allowing you to control it better while holding from the top to achieve higher precision and accuracy in the work.
While telling you how to choose the best barrel grip jigsaw, we mentioned how you must look for the weight of a machine as well. This Bosch jigsaw does fulfill that requirement with its lightweight design. This lighter design helps you to operate the jigsaw better even at higher speeds i.e. 3,100 SPM.
The latest Constant Response Circuitry (CRC) has been introduced to keep the speed constant when set at a specific level. This is primarily an automatic function of the machine.
Bosch JS470EB Main Features:
Bosch JS470EB - Pros & Cons
- Speed options vary for various needs
- The better CRC system
- The motor is heavy-duty and powerful
- Blade adjustment is aggressive with 4-orbital settings.
- No LED light on the interface
- Only one bevel cutting angle
2. Bosch JS120BN: Best Barrel Grip Cordless Jigsaw
Not just a perfect alternative for the above product but this Bosch JS120BN 12-volt Max Cordless Jig Saw helps you in saving both money and some power. Well, your work requirement might call for the top pick, however, this second pick also gets most of the job done.
The cordless jigsaws are portable because they lack the long cord which people have to carry around. There is a battery inside which lasts up to a fair amount of time. Also, this jigsaw battery only takes up to 12V so it would put lesser pressure on the bills.
Just so your work stuff wouldn’t stay scattered, the onboard wench can keep important accessories inside and this adds to the portability of this jigsaw.
Bosch JS120BN Main Features:
Bosch JS120BN - Pros & Cons
- The lock-on trigger
- The blade release is quick
- Battery charge is indicated
- Soft and ergonomic barrel grip
- The poor runtime
- It doesn’t come inside a case
- No onboard storage for blades
3. Bosch JS572EBK: Best Barrel Grip Corded Jigsaw
How it dominates all top three ranking shows the world-class quality which this brand produces. Besides the barrel-grip, we have chosen this Bosch JS572EBK 7.2 Amp Barrel-Grip Jig Saw Kit for its powerful motor which delivers a speed of up to 3,200 making it one of the most powerful ones on the list.
The grip must be ergonomic and soft enough for a barrel-grip jigsaw because unlike top-handle saws, there is lesser space for holding it. So when you are working at speeds as high as 3,200, it should be easier to handle them otherwise it would lead to one disaster of a project.
Another thing which you might appreciate about the product is the bright LED light enhancing the vision on the cutline for higher precision.
Bosch JS572EBK Main Features:
Bosch JS572EBK - Pros & Cons
- It runs very smoothly
- Ejecting and replacing blades is easier
- LED lights and dust blower present
- Cutline difficult to see due to the thick foot
- The cutline is even harder to see on 450
4. Makita 4351FCT: Best Barrel Grip Jig Saw with L.E.D Light
The features like soft barrel-grip and many others do not matter when you need to work during the nights and you can’t see properly. Thus this Makita 4351FCT Barrel Grip Jig Saw comes with L.E.D. Light installed to make sure that you see clearly while working.
Too much speed isn’t useful when a jigsaw has got poor handling. This is exactly what we like about Makita jigsaws since while they don’t go higher than 6 to 7 amps and 3,000 SPM speed, they are extremely smooth when you are using them.
Makita 4351FCT Main Features:
Makita 4351FCT - Pros & Cons
- Of course, the powerful motor of 6.3 amps
- Unlike others, it isn’t very noisy
- The maneuvering is quite easy
- The better uniform speed feature
- Only T-shank compatible
- No dust blower present
- Can’t squeeze this in tight places
5. Festool 561593 Carvex PS 420 EBQ Jigsaw: Best Woodworking Jigsaw
For bigger projects, you just cannot rely on machines with speeds as high as even 3,200. To tackle such a big problem we are bringing this Festool 561593 Carvex PS 420 EBQ Jigsaw which has a maximum speed range of up to 3,800 SPM and it should be able to get any cutting job get done quickly.
This is the only tool about which we say that this isn’t for beginners. Of course, if you lack prior work experience, controlling 3,800 strokes per minute would be very difficult for you. When you need to get your projects done quickly, you do with this powerful and speedy jigsaw.
Also, when you need to cut more powerful materials like metals, you are going to need U-shaped blades and that’s when this jigsaw would be pretty handy.
Festool 561593 Main Features:
Festool 561593 - Pros & Cons
- The multi-base platform for professional work
- The carbide guidance system equipped
- A lightweight and ergonomic jigsaw
- The power cord can be detached
- The vacuum adapter present for a cleaner environment
- Should have been cheaper
- Unsatisfying user reviews
6. Festool 561443 PS 300 EQ Jigsaw: Best Value Jigsaw
If this brand was successful in captivating you with its previous product, you might want to check this Festool 561443 PS 300 EQ Jigsaw from them as well. This one is much cheaper but has almost the same features as the dust channeling, LED light, tool-free design, and the same powerful corded and brushless design.
An additional feature which comes with this jigsaw is the enhanced tool-free system. All you have got to do is to push its clamp and the blade will come down to be replaced by a new one. Also, when you need to switch between T & U shanks, this jigsaw is pretty convenient.
Festool 561443 Main Features:
Festool 561443 - Pros & Cons
- Many speed options available
- Changing blades is quite easy
- The guidance system of carbide
- The compact and lightweight design
- Expensive than others
- No brushless technology
- No LEDs present either
7. Makita VJ05Z Cordless Barrel Grip Jig Saw: Best Electric Jigsaw
The best jigsaws aren’t easy to find when you raise the price tag under $200, however, we still succeed and all thanks to Makita with its products like Makita VJ05Z 12V max CXT Lithium-Ion Jigsaw. It is a medium-end jigsaw with a speed range from 800 to 3000 SPM and 3-orbital settings.
Since it kicks off at 800 SPM, it is pretty easy to make a fine initial cut with this Makita jigsaw. This is one of the reasons why we don’t prefer machines which are too fast in the beginning. The better the initial cut, the better will be the rest of the progress.
Makita VJ05Z Main Features:
Makita VJ05Z - Pros & Cons
- The quality dust management port
- A very durable jigsaw to have
- The design is low-profile
- An easy to use and lightweight jigsaw
- Not recommended for Heavy work
8. Milwaukee 6276-21 Corded Barrel Grip Jig Saw: Best Jigsaw Power tool
Just so they can buy a product which is durable and very easy to use, people are willing to pay prices as higher as above $200. When you have a look at the motor of Milwaukee 6276-21 Body Grip 6.2 Amp Barrel Grip Jig Saw, you might say that this price is too much.
What we discussed about making an initial cut with ease at 800 SPM in the previous product’s review gets even better with this Milwaukee 6276-21 jigsaw. This one starts at 500 SPM and till the point of 3,000 strokes, it has 8-speed settings.
This much versatility in the speed options is definitely going to help you while working. At these various speed levels, you can also experiment with various cutting angles.
Milwaukee 6276-21 Main Features:
Milwaukee 6276-21 - Pros & Cons
- The perfect speed range.
- Cut many materials as you want.
- 8 speed ranges to work with.
- Many angles are available for cutting.
- It isn’t for quite precision due to no pendulum.
- Cutting thicker wood gets difficult.
9. Makita XVJ01Z Brushless Jig Saw: Best Power Jigsaw
For the 9th pick, we are bringing this Makita jigsaw for many reasons including the brushless design, barrel-grip, and of course, the powerful motor which brings some good speed cutting options. Also, it has four bevel cutting options making cutting at different angles easier.
Though it is not common in the Makita jigsaws, this Makita XVJ01Z model comes with the ability of both T and U shanks installed for installing the respective blades. This will allow you to work on both soft and hard metals like wood and metals.
The brushless design of a jigsaw is always lighter than the others. Especially when you are a beginner, this machine is a much better option to go with.
Makita XVJ01Z Main Features:
Makita XVJ01Z - Pros & Cons
- Lesser load on the energy bills.
- U and T blades supported.
- Convenient to use.
- The lightweight brushless design.
- Expensive as compared to others of this range.
- Again, on/off isn’t near the grip
10. Bosch GST 65 E Professional Cordless Jigsaw: Best Jigsaw for Home Use
While most of the Bosch products are high-end and expensive, we are bringing this Bosch GST 10.8 V-LI Professional Cordless Jigsaw for the 10th pick which is affordable and might have everything you need. People buy it a lot making it running out of stock and shall soon be available.
This Bosch cordless jigsaw is designed mainly to work with softer materials like wood etc. It is because of the only so much energy which it generates with the 12V motor. However, you will still be loving the ergonomic barrel grip allowing to handle things with maximum ease.
Bosch GST 65 Main Features:
Bosch GST - Pros & Cons
- Lightweight and comfortable.
- A 12V long-lasting 2.0 battery.
- The aggressive cutting experience.
- Changing blades is complex.
- On/off switch far down the body.
Handing a soft barrel-grip jigsaw becomes even easier when it is lightweight and compact and also helps you in doing bigger projects in a smaller time. Only when you are not doing great with the budget shall you choose products other than Bosch and Makita. These two brands excel at producing this particular niche and you would benefit greatly. Being done with reviews, make sure that you choose from our Best Barrel Grip Jigsaws and support the site by buying products from here.